Treat yourself to an adventure in self discovery and self-healing. This certificate course involves 3 three-hour class room sessions. Without a doubt, you’ll be nodding your head with a-ha moments from the timeless knowledge of Ayurveda, the natural holistic traditional health system from India.
In class you’ll practice a variety of easy techniques that address imbalance and discomfort experienced on the various levels: physical, physiological, emotional, mental and spiritual. In everyday life, you’ll be able to evaluate how well you have integrated the learning, and return to class to trouble shoot and receive guidance for adjustments, if needed.
1. Discovering the Unique You:
- Discover your mental and physiological type and how to manage tendencies
- Examine the factors that contribute to health and illness according to Ayurveda
- Practice slow, mindful, pain-free exercise and deep relaxation
2. Mind Body Spirit Check-up:
- Explore the different levels of self and their state of balance/imbalance
- Review methods that address imbalance at each level
- Practice breathing and various meditation and relaxation techniques
3. Creating My Self-Care Action Plan:
- Consider the role of lifestyle in the prevention of illness
- Explore Ayurvedic dietary guidelines
- Receive guidance creating a personalized self-care action plan
Facilitator Heather Greaves, E-RYT500 (Experienced Yoga Teacher), PYT 1000 hours has been helping others study and share the knowledge and techniques for self-care and self-healing in certified yoga learning programs.
Suggested Reading: The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies by Vasant Lad, B.A.M.S, M.A.Sc.
Course requirements: yoga or exercise mat, blanket
Early Bird Fee: 4 weeks before start date: $165 includes tax
Regular Fee: $185.00 includes tax
Location: Mohawk Residence and Conference Centre, 135 Fennell Avenue West, Hamilton.
Session 1: June 20: 6 pm- 9 pm; June 21: 10 am – 1 pm
Session 2: June 21: 2 pm – 5 pm
Session 3: July 6th: 1 pm -4 pm