Starts April 25, 2014
Life Skills Training: Offer Simple, Proven Self-Improvement Solutions
Many adults suffer from chronic diseases and pain, as well as mental health challenges, and are trying desperately to function in spite of these problems. They fear becoming dependent on medication.
Yoga teachers and health practitioners constantly hear and observe these challenges their customers face. And they feel stuck when they are unsure just how to apply the many techniques yoga offers. They want to be able to offer yoga as a complementary or alternate therapy safely and confidently.
You will increase your knowledge and skills and be able to apply yoga therapeutically more and more when you learn from our experienced faculty. If you are passionate about sharing simple practices and principles that have been proven to work through the ages, this program is for you.
After this challenging training, you will be able to:
- Intelligently use therapeutic yoga techniques for common health conditions
- Assess the state of imbalance in your client and customize self-care plans
- Make recommendations to improve and maintain health and support healing
Are You Eligible?
Health practitioners, therapists appreciative of the mind body connection, and those with a passion for health and healing using natural methods, can take Modules 1 and 4 of the 300 hour Advanced Yoga Instructor certification programs. You will receive a 100 hour certificate of completion for each model taken.
Wellness Approaches with Yoga and Ayurveda (100 hours)
April 25 – April 27, 2014;
May 23-25, 2014;
June 20-22, 2014 – 3 weekends over 3 months
- Become familiar with the basic perspective of health from Yoga and Ayurveda relevant to the practice of yoga therapy
- Relate basic yoga and meditation concepts and techniques for well-being with the latest research in neuroscience in order to advise student/client
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship of nature’s cycles and rhythms to one’s health;
- Assess individual digestion patterns and metabolism type and make recommendations of diet and lifestyle
- Practice foundation asanas, pranayama, and mudra to increase awareness of the effect of the elements
- Explain and demonstrate how to improve alignment, strength and range of movement systematically
- Examine and refine ways to improve posture in everyday life
- Develop and appreciation for the art of relaxation and yoga nidra
- Gain practical experience in customizing and proposing wellness programs for self-reliance and self-care management including diet, lifestyle, and yoga (includes 2 hours of group mentored practicum)
Course Fee: $1,700.00 includes tax
On satisfactory completion of this module, students with a 200-hour yoga teacher training will receive our certificate –Yoga Lifestyle Coach.
Out of town guests may stay at the Visitors Inn
Payments and deposits are only refundable if you cancel with 4 weeks or more advanced notice. Cancellation must be in written form and there is a $50 processing fee that is non-refundable. If cancellation takes place with less than 4 weeks written notice then you will forfeit your $450 deposit.