Next module starts April 23, 2017. You can start the program with any module. Each module stands alone.
Deepen Your Teaching and Learning and Allow the Life You Want
One goal of yoga is mastering the mind. As a result the mind becomes a resource for the student. This calls for studying the deeper aspects of yoga. It also doing the work to make the mind an ally. The focus is different to an advanced yoga teacher training. Indeed the student will refine teaching skills. Equally important is having more peace and happiness.
With regard to wellness, our approach is prevention first. In addition it is important to answer life’s big questions. Such questions are: who am I, why am I here. When these questions are answered there is less anxiety. And with less anxiety comes more feelings of wholeness. This is proof the student has tested the theory of yoga.
When you complete the program, you will be able to:
- Teach in a wiser and kinder way.
- Design and facilitate wellness workshops.
- Put new ideas into effect while respecting customs.
- Assist others refresh body, mind and soul.
This program has three modules that stand on their own. Therefore you may start with any one. These modules aim to befriend:
- Human Being.
- Mind and Emotions.
Are You Eligible for this Advanced Yoga Teacher Training?
- Any one with a passion for natural living , can take these modules.
Certificate on Completion
- You will receive a 300 hour certificate if you are already certified by Yoga Alliance.
- Otherwise you may receive a certificate of completion for each module.
Befriend the Body (100 hours)
Start Date: 2017 – April 23, May 28, June 18, June 25, July 16, July 23, Sept.17, Sept. 24, Oct. 22, Nov. 26.
- Become familiar with the physiology of stress.
- Teach exercises to relieve muscle and joint aches caused by stress.
- Speak and listen in a way that brings benefit to relationships.
- Facilitate supportive wellness classes and workshops.
Befriend the Human Being (100 hours)
Dates – 2018: April 8, 22, May 13, 27. June 17, Sept. 9, 13, Oct. 21, Nov. 04, 18.
- Understand Yoga and Ayurveda’s view of health and happiness.
- Know how to improve posture, strength and flexibility.
- Suggest physical exercises in order to avoid or reverse signs of early aging.
- Use the structure of the chakras to improve mind and body.
Befriend Mind and Emotions (100 hours)
Start Date: 2019: April – November.
- Explain how emotions affect the way the body functions.
- Appreciate the benefits of living with awareness.
- Lead imagery, relaxation, and/or meditation sessions.
- Offer meditation, mudra, and/or mantra as a life skill.
Training Location: Wellwood Resource Center, 501 Sanatorium Road, Hamilton L9C 0C3
Cancellation Policy – Payments are refundable if you cancel with 4 weeks or more advanced written notice. Also note there is a $50 processing fee that is non-refundable. If cancellation takes place with less than 4 weeks written notice then the $450 deposit is forfeited.