Advanced Level Certification
starts September 20, 2015
You Can Offer Simple, Proven Self-Care Solutions for Common Health Conditions
Many adults suffer from chronic diseases and pain, as well as mental health challenges, and are trying desperately to function in spite of these problems. Some fear becoming dependent on medication.
Yoga teachers and health practitioners are aware of this predicament. And sometimes feel stuck when they are unsure just how to apply the many techniques yoga offers. They want to be able to offer yoga as a complementary therapy safely and confidently.
If you are passionate about sharing practices and ideas both contemporary and traditional, this program is for you.
There are three stand alone modules. The program is designed so you can start at any module.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Recommend accessible yoga techniques for common health conditions
- Suggest daily routines and lifestyle that create balance
- Design and deliver therapeutic group classes
Are You Eligible?
- Anyone with a passion for natural healing methods, can take any and all modules of this program.
- Teachers, if you have a 200 hour certificate you will receive a 300 hour certificate on completion. (To register with Yoga Alliance at the 300 Hour Level, teachers must be registered at the 200 Hour Level with Yoga Alliance.)
- Teachers, if you do not have a 200 hour certificate you will receive a certificate of completion for each model taken.
Befriend the Human Being (100 hours)
Dates – 2015: Sept. 20, Oct. 03, 04, Nov.15, 2016: Jan.09, Feb. 13, Mar. 12, Apr. 09, May 28, June 29, July 10
- Become familiar with the perspective of health from Yoga and Ayurveda point of view
- Propose appealing approaches for a healthy diet and lifestyle routines for health
- Recommend simple poses and other yoga techniques in an accessible manner for stress management
- Explain and demonstrate how to improve alignment, strength and range of movement systematically
- Propose movement exercises to avoid or reverse the symptoms of premature aging
- Use the framework of the chakras to address mental and physiological concerns
Befriend Mind and Emotions (100 hours)
Start Date: 2016: Apr. 24, May 15, June 05, Jun 26, July 10, Aug. 28, Sep. 18, Oct. 23, Nov. 13, Nov. 27.
- Apply deep relaxation techniques to desensitize and promote healing
- Explain how emotions effect physiology including the brain and immune system
- Appreciate the biological and psychological benefits of a meditative approach to healing
- Guide clients/students in healing visualization, relaxation, and meditation including mindfulness
- Intelligently select meditation, mudra, mantra techniques for mental and physical health
Befriend the Body (100 hours)
Start Date: 2017
- Develop an appreciation for the qualities of a therapeutic relationship
- Utilize trauma informed dialogue and listening skills for beneficial relationships
- Facilitate group yoga classes for specific therapeutic conditions
- Clarity around timely referral of clients to other health professionals
- Familiarity with medical terminology relative to common diseases – psychological or physical
Location: Wellwood Resource Center, 501 Sanitorium Road, Hamilton L9C 0C3
Cancellation Policy – Payments and deposits are only refundable if you cancel with 4 weeks or more advanced notice. Cancellation must be in written form and there is a $50 processing fee that is non-refundable. If cancellation takes place with less than 4 weeks written notice then you will forfeit your $450 deposit.