Yoga Advance Level Certification
Next module starts April 24, 2016. You can start the program with any of the 3 modules.
Deepen Your Teaching and Learning and Allow the Life You Want
It is amazing that Yoga with its focus on mastering the mind prepares the individual to design the life desired. Participants train themselves to experience this within this advanced yoga learning program. We believe in a mindful approach to living, a preventive path to healing, and propose the idea that “Feeling is knowing who I am“.
This program has three stand alone modules, and you can start with any module.
After completing the program, you will be able to:
- Recommend accessible yoga techniques for common health conditions
- Suggest daily routines and lifestyle that enhance health
- Design and deliver therapeutic group classes
Are You Eligible?
- Anyone with a passion for living naturally, can take any and all modules of this program.
- Teachers, if you have a 200 hour certificate you will receive a 300 hour certificate on completion. (Please note that to register with Yoga Alliance at the 300 Hour Level, teachers must be registered at the 200 Hour Level with Yoga Alliance.)
- Teachers, if you do not have a 200 hour certificate, you will receive a certificate of completion for each module taken.
Befriend the Human Being (100 hours)
Dates – 2015: Sept. 20, Oct. 03, 04, Nov.15. 2016: Jan.09, Feb. 13, Mar. 12, Apr. 09, May 28, June 19, July 10
- Become familiar with the approach to health and happiness from Yoga and Ayurveda’s point of view
- Propose appealing approaches for a healthy diet and lifestyle routines for health and happiness
- Explain and demonstrate how to improve posture, strength and range of movement systematically
- Propose gentle movement exercises to avoid or reverse the symptoms of premature aging
- Use the framework of the chakras to enhance mental and physiological states
Check out schedule: http://tinyurl.com/q635slo
Befriend Mind and Emotions (100 hours)
Start Date: 2016: Apr. 24, May 15, June 05, Jun 26, July 09, Aug. 28, Sep. 18, Oct. 23, Nov. 13, Nov. 27.
Discuss how mindfulness practices influence functional and structural changes within the brain, and form a foundation for improving mental health. Learners’ in-class activities include providing educational and instructional sessions on 5 different meditation practices; giving and receiving feedback of sessions in at least 3 areas. Learners explore various techniques for shifting and cultivating positive mental states such as equanimity and joy. And explore opportunities for cultivating an inner environment to realize one’s aspirations.
- Apply deep relaxation techniques to promote mental and physical health
- Explain how emotions affect physiology
- Appreciate the biological and psychological benefits of a meditative approach to living well
- Guide clients/students in visualization, relaxation, and meditation including mindfulness
- Intelligently select meditation, mudra, mantra techniques to build inner resources
Befriend the Body (100 hours)
Start Date: 2017
- Develop an appreciation for the qualities of a therapeutic relationship
- Utilize trauma informed dialogue and listening skills for beneficial relationships
- Facilitate group yoga classes for specific therapeutic conditions
- Familiarity with medical terminology relative to common diseases – psychological or physical.
Location: Wellwood Resource Center, 501 Sanatorium Road, Hamilton L9C 0C3
Cancellation Policy – Payments and deposits are only refundable if you cancel with 4 weeks or more advanced notice. Cancellation must be in written form and there is a $50 processing fee that is non-refundable. If cancellation takes place with less than 4 weeks written notice then you will forfeit your $450 deposit.