Next course starts April 25, 2014
You Can Offer Simple, Proven Self-Care Solutions for Common Health Conditions
Many adults suffer from chronic diseases and pain, as well as mental health challenges, and are trying desperately to function in spite of these problems. They fear becoming dependent on medication.
Yoga teachers and health practitioners constantly hear and observe these challenges their customers face. And they feel stuck when they are unsure just how to apply the many techniques yoga offers. They want to be able to offer yoga as a complementary or alternate therapy safely and confidently.
You will increase your knowledge and skills and be able to apply yoga therapeutically more and more when you learn from our experienced faculty. If you are passionate about sharing simple practices and principles that have been proven to work through the ages, this program is for you.
After this challenging training, you will be able to:
- Intelligently use therapeutic yoga techniques for common health conditions
- Assess the state of imbalance in your client and customize self-care plans
- Make recommendations to improve and maintain health and support healing
Are You Eligible?
This information complies with the big changes of Yoga Alliance’s Next Generation effective December 2013.
- Health practitioners, therapists appreciative of the mind body connection, and those with a passion for health and healing using natural methods, can take any and all modules of this program. You will receive a 100 hour certificate of completion for each model taken. *Modules must be taken in sequence.
- Yoga teachers without a 200 hour certificate will receive a certificate of completion for each model taken.
- Yoga teachers with a 200 hour certificate will receive a 300 hour certificate of completion. To register with Yoga Alliance at the 300 hour level, teachers must be registered with Yoga Alliance at the 200 hour level.
- *In addition, please note that:
- Module 1 is a prerequisite for Modules 2 and 3
- Module 2 is a prerequisite for Module 3
Module 1- Yoga Meditation Ayurveda and Wellness (100 hours) – Yoga Lifestyle Coach
April 25 – April 27, 2014;
May 23-25, 2014;
June 20-22, 2014 – 3 weekends over 3 months
- Become familiar with the basic perspective of health from Yoga and Ayurveda relevant to the practice of yoga therapy
- Relate basic yoga and meditation concepts and techniques for wellbeing with the latest research in neuroscience in order to advise student/client
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship of nature’s cycles and rhythms to one’s health;
- Assess individual digestion patterns and metabolism type and make recommendations of diet and lifestyle
- Practice foundation asanas, pranayama, and mudra to increase awareness of the effect of the elements
- Explain and demonstrate how to improve alignment, strength and range of movement systematically
- Examine and refine ways to improve posture in everyday life
- Develop and appreciation for the art of relaxation and yoga nidra
- Gain practical experience in customizing and proposing wellness programs for self-reliance and self-care management including diet, lifestyle, and yoga. (Includes 2 hours of mentored group practicum)
On satisfactory completion of this module, students with a 200-hour yoga teacher training will receive our certificate -Yoga Lifestyle Coach.
Module 2: Yoga Meditation Ayurveda and Stress Management (100 hours) – Yoga Stress Management Coach
September 12-14, 2014;
October 17-19, 2014;
November 14-16, 2014: 3 weekends over 3 months.
- Explain subtle anatomy (marmas, chakras, nadis) and its use to address physiological and psychological imbalances
- Evaluate imbalances based on specific signs of dosha aggravation, different stages of imbalances and make recommendations for early intervention
- Select and modify simple yoga and Ayurveda techniques to restore energetic balance
- Apply yoga and Ayurveda teachings and practices to stress management and aging well
- Summarize the biological basis of yoga and Ayurveda for stress management and for cardiovascular and respiratory health
- Measure and assess the state of dosha with reference to balance/imbalance through self pulse reading
- Practice hands-on marma for self, and mudra techniques for meditation
- Gain practical experience in customizing and proposing stress management programs using lifestyle, diet, meditation and other yoga techniques. (Includes 2 hours of mentored group practicum)
Location: Mohawk College, Hamilton
On satisfactory completion of modules 1 and 2, students with a 200-hour yoga teacher training will receive our certificate -Yoga Stress Management Coach.
Out of town guests may stay at the Visitors Inn
Module 3 – Yoga Meditation Ayurveda and Healing (100 hours) – Yoga and Ayurveda Wellness Consultant
September 11-13, 2015;
October 16-18, 2015;
November 20-22, 2015
- Adapt and recommend subtle yoga techniques for healing
- Apply the deep relaxation techniques of Yoga Nidra to desensitize and promote healing
- Predict how emotions affect the brain and immune system
- Develop an appreciation for the biological and psychological benefits of a meditative approach to healing
- Practice trauma informed dialogue and listening skills essential for beneficial relationships with clients/students
- Recommend mudra and marma therapy for health and healing
- Show how ethics relates to healing
- Assess the state of imbalance dosha, sub dosha, agni (metabolic toxins) and systems
- Gain practical experience customizing and recommending personalized Ayurveda health plans to restore balance: including home remedies (single herbs, combination of herbal formulas or dietary supplements) (Includes 2 hours of mentored group practicum)
Location: Mohawk College, Hamilton
On satisfactory completion of the 3 modules, students with a 200-hour yoga teacher training will receive our certificate -Yoga and Ayurveda Wellness Consultant.
Take the 200 hour Basic and the 300 Advanced training and pay only $6,220 (includes tax). Save $500.00.
Contact email@example.com if you have questions.
Payments and deposits are only refundable if you cancel with 4 weeks or more advanced notice. Cancellation must be in written form and there is a $50 processing fee that is non-refundable. If cancellation takes place with less than 4 weeks written notice then you will forfeit your $450 deposit.
Take advantage of the complimentary online webinar on the basics of starting a yoga business.