Advanced Level Certification
starts September 20, 2015
Design the Life You Want
It is amazing that Yoga with its focus on mastering the mind provides training to design the life we want. Participants train themselves to do this within the program.
This program has three stand alone modules so you can start with any module.
After completing the program, you will be able to:
- Recommend accessible yoga techniques for common health conditions
- Suggest daily routines and lifestyle that enhance health
- Design and deliver therapeutic group classes
Are You Eligible?
- Anyone with a passion for living naturally, can take any and all modules of this program.
- Teachers, if you have a 200 hour certificate you will receive a 300 hour certificate on completion. (To register with Yoga Alliance at the 300 Hour Level, teachers must be registered at the 200 Hour Level with Yoga Alliance.)
- Teachers, if you do not have a 200 hour certificate you will receive a certificate of completion for each module taken.
Befriend the Human Being (100 hours)
Dates – 2015: Sept. 20, Oct. 03, 04, Nov.15, 2016: Jan.09, Feb. 13, Mar. 12, Apr. 09, May 28, June 19, July 10
- Become familiar with the approach to health and happiness from Yoga and Ayurveda’s point of view
- Propose appealing approaches for a healthy diet and lifestyle routines for health and happiness
- Explain and demonstrate how to improve posture, strength and range of movement systematically
- Propose gentle movement exercises to avoid or reverse the symptoms of premature aging
- Use the framework of the chakras to address mental and physiological concerns
Check out schedule: http://tinyurl.com/q635slo
Befriend Mind and Emotions (100 hours)
Start Date: 2016: Apr. 24, May 15, June 05, Jun 26, July 09, Aug. 28, Sep. 18, Oct. 23, Nov. 13, Nov. 27.
- Apply deep relaxation techniques to promote health
- Explain how emotions affect physiology
- Appreciate the biological and psychological benefits of a meditative approach to living well
- Guide clients/students in visualization, relaxation, and meditation including mindfulness
- Intelligently select meditation, mudra, mantra techniques to build inner resources
Befriend the Body (100 hours)
Start Date: 2017
- Develop an appreciation for the qualities of a therapeutic relationship
- Utilize trauma informed dialogue and listening skills for beneficial relationships
- Facilitate group yoga classes for specific therapeutic conditions
- Familiarity with medical terminology relative to common diseases – psychological or physical
Location: Wellwood Resource Center, 501 Sanitorium Road, Hamilton L9C 0C3
Cancellation Policy – Payments and deposits are only refundable if you cancel with 4 weeks or more advanced notice. Cancellation must be in written form and there is a $50 processing fee that is non-refundable. If cancellation takes place with less than 4 weeks written notice then you will forfeit your $450 deposit.